1 teaspoon olive oil.
1 tablespoon garlic granules.
1 tablespoon thyme.
1 onion peeled and cubed.
350 g of asparagus tips, speers and stalks chopped - remove the woody ends.
3 tins garden peas drained.
1.5 litres of vegetable stock.
Pinch of rock salt and black pepper.
1. In a medium sized saucepan drizzle the olive oil and heat for 2-3 minutes on a low heat. Add the garlic and thyme.
2. Add the onion and cook for a further five minutes.
3. Now add the asparagus tips, speers and stalks. Cook for a further five minutes before adding the peas.
4. Pour in the stock, bring the boil, and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Using a hand blender puree the soup until smooth. Re-heat the soup until piping hot, season with rock salt and black pepper and serve.