GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE ... honey, an ingredient in the pizza may lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes and some types of cancer.
Make the barbecue sauce yourself as you have everything you need in your fridge! Oh, and the lovely aromas will waft around your home; fab ...! Switch the chicken for Quorn and use a vegetable stock for a vegetarian option.
For the Pizza
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic granules
4 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 pint chicken stock or 1/4 pint vegetable stock (as vegetarian option)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons runny honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chipotle paste
4 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
4 skinless chicken breasts shredded or 150g Quorn pieces shredded
4 tablespoons corn flour (for the baking tray)
1 x 320g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
Vegetable oil in a spray bottle (for the top of the pizza)
Pinch white pepper (for the topping)
Pinch chilli flakes
50g mature cheddar cheese grated
50g mozarella grated
1/4 198g can sweetcorn
50g baby spinach leaves
Bunch spring onions washed and chopped
50g parmesan cheese
For the Garlic Roasted Nachos
4 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons parsley granules
2 tablespoons white pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 230g bag tortilla chips
4 tablespoons sour cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees C; drizzle the olive oil into a skillet and and warm on a low heat for several minutes. Add the salt, pepper and garlic granules.
2. Sauté the red onion, then stir in the paprika, mustard granules and brown sugar; repeatedly stir to combine the flavours.
3. Pour in the chicken stock or vegetarian stock; add the Worcestershire Sauce, honey, cider vinegar, Chipotle Paste and Tomato Ketchup. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the shredded chicken or Quorn and cook or a further 5 minutes stirring regularly.
5. Scatter cornflour into a rectangular baking tray; this will make it easier to remove once the pizza is cooked. Using a sharp knife ensure there is a 1 cm border around the edge of the pastry. Do this carefully as it can be easy to cut right through the puff-pastry.
5. Lightly spray with the vegetable oil; sprinkle over the white pepper and chilli flakes. Then, spoon over the barbecue chicken or Quorn sauce, adding the sweetcorn, scattering over the spinach leaves and chopped spring onions. Finally, add the parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. For the Nachos, place the garlic granules, oregano, parsley granules and white pepper into a small saucepan and roast for 4-5 minutes on an extremely low heat. Then, add the butter; stir to combine. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 3-4 minutes.
7. Empty the bag of tortilla chips into a medium-sized bowl; add the sour cream and then stir in the garlic butter mix. Place on a baking tray; I use a disposable foil tray for this. Five or six minutes before you intend to take out the pizza place the tray in the oven to warm the tortillas through. Remove the pizza when it has risen and is golden.