1 tin of borlotti beans.
1 tablespoon of garlic granules.
1 tablespoon of dried italian herbs.
1 teaspoon of black pepper.
Quarter teaspoon of rock salt.
1 tin of tomatoes.
1. Empty the beans into a small saucepan, cover the beans with water. Add the garlic granules, italian herbs and black pepper.
2. Bring the water to the boil, then drop the temperature to a lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. After 40 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat, season with the salt, and cover the pan over for 30 minutes.
4. Drain two-thirds of the water away, place the saucepan back on a low heat and add the tin of tomatoes and pissata, cooking for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the red wine, stir and simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving with your chosen dish.