According to a recent study by Harvard, having a positive outlook is really important for well being. The research found that women who were optimistic had a significantly reduced risk of dying from several major causes of death over an eight-year period, compared with women who were more negative.
With this in mind, here are five ways to be more positive:-
1. Have a Bucket List. Dream Big! Make those wishes real!
2. Smile MORE! One study found smiling boosted attention and another concluded it can reduce pain. It also is magnetic; smile at a stranger and they will smile back. Try it!
3. Make a positive musicmix of anthems and play on long walks, the morning run or just to chill out to.
4. Go outside for 20 minutes! According to one study, being outside won't just make you happier, it will broaden thinking and improve your working memory.
5. Stop over thinking, just live in the moment!
Our launch party on 14th August 2019 had a feel-good mix (thanks Lauren!). Here is our play-list:-
"I Can See Clearly Now!" by Jimmy Cliff.
"You Can Get It If You Really Want!" by Jimmy Cliff.
"Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley and The Wailers.
"Brave" by Sara Bareilles.
"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson.
"I've Got a Feeling!" by Trap Stars.
"Rule The World!" by Take That.
"I Should Be So Lucky!" by Kylie Minogue.
"Shine" by Take That.
"Don't Stop Believin" by Journey.
"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.
"Greatest Day" by Take That.
"It Feels So Good" by Sonique.
" Picture" by Karen Harding.
The ChangeNow cake from Direct Action launch party in August 2019
Want some life-coaching? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07544 899678.