According to a recent study by Harvard, having a positive outlook is really important for well being. The research found that women who were optimistic had a significantly reduced risk of dying from several major causes of death over an eight-year period, compared with women who were more negative.
With this in mind, here are five ways to be more positive:-
1. Have a Bucket List. Dream Big! Make those wishes real!
2. Smile MORE! One study found smiling boosted attention and another concluded it can reduce pain. It also is magnetic; smile at a stranger and they will smile back. Try it!
3. Make a positive music mix of anthems and play on long walks, the morning run or just to chill out to.
4. Go outside for 20 minutes! According to one study, being outside won't just make you happier, it will broaden thinking and improve your working memory.
5. Stop over thinking, just live in the moment!