2 tablespoons olive oil.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
1 teasopoon white pepper.
2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs.
1 red onion peeled and finely chopped.
1 400 g can chopped tomatoes.
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
2 teaspoons muscovado sugar.
10 ml red wine.
18 green olives, pitted and halved.
8 chopped sundried tomatoes (from a jar).
2 slices of bread.
Dried basil for decoration.
1. In a small saucepan heat the olive oil over a low heat. After several minutes, season with italian herbs, salt and white pepper.
2. Add the chopped onion and fry for 2-4 minutes until it becomes transclucent.
3. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons of muscovado sugar and red wine.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and let it cook for 30 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.
5. Add the olives, chopped sundried tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. At this point, toast the slices of bread. Butter, spoon the mixture over and decorate with the dried basil.