GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE ... aubergines are a great source of antioxidants.
I added the aubergine for a tasty side, but the dish can be turned into the main if you are vegetarian; follow step 1 and 2, remove the chicken from the recipe and toss together at the end.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic granules (for the aubergine)
2 tablespoons black pepper (for the aubergine)
1 teaspoon salt (for the aubergine)
1 aubergine sliced
4 celery sticks, washed and sliced
50g watercress, washed
1 teaspon salt (for the salad)
1 teaspoon black pepper (for the salad)
400g basmati rice
2 tablespoons olive oil (for the skillet)
1 teaspoon salt (for the skillet)
2 teaspoons black pepper (for the skillet)
5 tablespoons dried coriander granules
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 skinless chicken breasts chopped into strips
1 red onion, peeled, washed and sliced
6 radishes, sliced in half, washed and sliced
100 ml of chicken or vegetable stock
75g Egg Noodles
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees C; drizzle olive oil in a medium sized bowl; mix in garlic granules, black pepper and salt. Add the aubergine and toss to cover in the marinade.
2. Place onto a baking tray: I use a foil tray for this. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. In a seperate bowl combine the celery, watercress and copped apple; toss together and drizzle over olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Boil the rice as per the packets instructions. At the same time, drizzle the olive oil into a skillet, add the salt, pepper, coriander granules and white wine vinegar, warming through for 2 minutes. Then, sauté the chicken with the red onion and radishes. Add the stock, cooked rice and stir to combine.
4. In a seperate saucepan cook the noodles as per the instructions. Drain; place on top of the rice bowl as a garnish. Serve with the roasted aubergine and green salad.