1 tablespoon turmeric.
1 tablespoon mustard powder.
1 tablespoon cumin.
1 tablespoon coriander.
1 tablespoon dried fennel.
1 tablespoon chilli powder.
1 tablespoon cinamon.
2 tablespoons plain flour.
1 tablespoon garlic.
1 tablespoon white pepper.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
200 g of Basmati Rice.
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts.
1 tablespoon olive oil (for the rice).
Quarter teaspoon rock salt (for the rice).
1 tablespoon olive oil (for the curry sauce).
1 onion peeled and chopped.
300 ml chicken stock.
1. Place all the spices in a frying pan and toast on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. Do not leave the hob, as you do not want the spices to burn. Stir from time to time to ensure the mix combines.
2. Empty the mix into a bowl, cover over and leave for 30 minutes to ensure it cools down.
3. Weigh the rice and empty into a bowl of cold water and cover, leaving for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees. Mix the flour, garlic, white pepper and rock salt in a medium sized bowl. Line the bowl up against the container with the spices in. Dip each breast in the flour mix, ensuring it is completely covered, then repeat with the spice mix. Place on a baking tray - I use a disposable foil tray for this recipe - and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Using a colander rince the Basmati Rice thoroughly, until the water is clear. Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Drizzle over the olive oil, season with Rock Salt, stir the rice to coat the grains and bring to the boil. Once boiling, drop to a very low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. In a medium sized casserole, drizzle olive oil and warm for several minutes on a low heat. Then, add the chopped onion and fry for 4-5 minutes. Add in the remaining spices and stir into the onion juices.
6. Pour in the stock. bring to a boil and then simmer at a lower heat for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the curry sauce.
7. Drain the rice water away. Wrap the rice in a tea towel to dry and then use a fork to fluff up the rice. Serve with the chicken curry.