GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE ... chicken contains amino acid tryptophan, which raises serotonin levels in your brain and will make you feel good!
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless chicken breasts shredded
1 white onion peeled and sliced
3 celery sticks washed and chopped. Include the celery top leaves for flavour
6 carrots washed peeled and cut into chunks
1 leek cleaned/washed and sliced
1 potato peeled, washed and diced
1 eating apple washed, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic granules
2 tablespoons parsley granules
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 bay leaves
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons single cream
4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
8 sheets filo pastry
Olive oil (for the filo)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C; drizzle the olive oil into a skillet on a medium heat; warm for several minutes. Then add the shredded chicken; sauté for several minutes until brown on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, place on a plate; cover and briefly set aside.
2. Fry the onion, celery, carrots, leek, potato, apple and sweetcorn. Season with the salt to draw the liquids out, black pepper, garlic granules, parsley granules, dried thyme then stir adding the bay leaves.
3. Sweat the ingredients for several minutes; then stir in the butter, nutmeg and flour; combine together. Pour in the chicken stock, then bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream, Dijon Mustard and the lemon juice; add the cooked chicken to the skillet and simmer for a futher 10-15 minutes.
5. Pour the chicken and vegetables into a deep pie dish. Prepare the pastry crust by scrunching the sheets of filo pastry into balls and place over the filling. Spread across to allow the entire top to be covered. Brush with olive oil and cook for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately.