I LIKE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE ... I love a casserole as it is so easy to put together, meaning I can get on with other things whilst it cooks. There is preety much everything you need in one pot so you will not needany other sides. The addition of Chinese Five Spice adds a fragrant twist to this meal.
Drizzle olive oil.
1 red onion, peeled washed and diced.
5 medium carrots peeled and chopped.
4 oz chopped brocolli.
4 oz chopped cauliflower.
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes.
350 ml vegetable stock.
1 teaspoon garlic granules.
2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice powder.
2 tablespoon paprika.
Quater teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon black pepper.
Drizzle olive oil (for skillet).
4 chicken breasts skinless.
1 teaspoons runny honey.
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard.
5 oz red lentils.
Dried parsley for decoration.
1. Place the casserole on a low heat, warm the olive oil for several minutes. Then add the chopped onion.
2. Add all the other vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the can of tomatoes, don't forget to get all the tomato tastes by filling a third of the can with water and stir. Then add the vegetable stock, garlic granules, Chinese Five Spice powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. then simmer.
4. In a seperate skilet drizzle olive oil and add the chicken breasts. Fry them until they are cooked on both sides. Then add to the casserole.
5. Add the runny honey and mustard to the casserole. Stir and complete with the red lentils. Cover and cook in the oven at 170 degrees C for 90 minutes.
6. Scatter with dried parsley and serve.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.