Something Changed Overnight on 23rd March. We Had To Work From Home. How Are You Getting On Communicating With Your Team?
I love leading this course as I specialised in computer-mediated communication during my BSc and Discourse Analysis in my MSc.
Attendees of 'Direct Action Change Now: Better Communication' 8 hour workshop will learn:
- How clear speaking will provide clearer strategies.
- Strategies to structure coherent, logical and straight-forward ideas.
- Methods to be persuasive in meetings and presentations - how to do this online.
- Ways to create focussed communication which will lead to swift and effective objectives being met during meetings and other formal situations.
- Helpful strategies to overcome difficult questions and methods to delay answers to consider a response.
- Communication methods to overcome conflict.
- Ways to summarise ideas to other respondents.
- The psychology of communication and how effective it is without vocally making the statement through visual cues or physical messaging.
- How technological design can direct how well we interact with others online.
- Why the loss of cues can affect how well we communicate online.
- The differences between physical and online communication.
- Why how well the computer-mediated communication is understood will influence productivity/output.
- The effects on group dynamics when interfacing with computer-mediated communcation.
- Suggested protocols to aid good online communication.