GROUP WORKSHOPS ARE ...
- Conducted online, making them easy to organise.
- Cost effective as the entire staff or team are learning at the same time.
- Important as the information is up-to-date and means questions can be asked at the same time.
- Social events, bringing employees together who might not necesarily see each other.
- Fun, with plenty of quizzes and exercises to enable attendees to truly understand the subject area.
- . . . and more; all you have to do is ask.
5 REASONS WHY PROBLEM SOLVING IS IMPORTANT IN THE WORKPLACE .
1. PROBLEM SOLVING IS A KEY MECHANISM IN THE WORKPLACE .
Problem-solving can help to determine whether systems are outdated; need to be disregarded or updated and if not consider the issues associated with them and how to overcome these issues.
2. problem-solving instigates competition .
Whilst in the majority of situations workers will work collectively to identify solutions, it is also good for group dynamics and individual development to work independently for solutions. It will lead to employees being identified for specific specialties and possible promotion. Everyone should all have a fair starting point, and this is why this workshop will be useful. Moreover, an answer will be found more quickly if the group is all working on an answer simultaneously.
3. PROBLEM SOLVING CAN define cause & effect .
It just makes good business sense to problem solve! Identifying patterns may provide solutions in the short-term, but by establishing causes and effects for these trends can help manage long-term risk.
4. Problem solving can find solutions for today and tomorrow.
Problem-solving can provide opportunities not considered as relevant for now but once tested can be used today and developed further tomorrow and in the future.
5. PROBLEM SOLVING CAN BE GOOD FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. .
Problem-solving helps an individual's emotional intelligence, the ability to understand your own emotions and the feelings of others, develop as well as finding solution to a problem.
Attendees of 'Direct Action Change Now: Problem Solving' 8 hour workshop will:
- Understand the psychology behind problem-solving.
- Learn about why managing problems is more simplistic than they orginally appear.
- Through organised activities, learn how creativity is important to problem solving.
- Be shown a simple 4-stage problem solving model, which will lead to swift answers for consideration.
- Demonstrate how cost-benefit analysis and group voting can provide clarity on the situation.
- Demonstrate how a final analysis will ensure a situaton is sound.
- Show why understanding the situation and asking a question is a significant element of the problem-solving process; explain why the query made must be relevant and outline the procedural problems to the process if the wrong question is asked.
- Explain the use of simple strategies such as brainstorming in identifying a solution.
- Provide a pack of numerous supportive resources to take away, which will be useful to problem-solving in the workplace.