1 mini baguette or 1 half of a baguette sliced into two.
Drizzle olive oil (for salsa).
1 teaspoon white pepper (for salsa).
1/4 teaspoon salt (for salsa).
1 teaspoon garlic granules.
1/2 red onion peeled and cubed.
6 cherry tomatoes washed and sliced into two.
Squirt of tomato puree.
1 teaspoon chilli powder.
1 teaspoon cayenne granules.
1 teaspoon olive oil (for steak).
1 teaspoon white pepper (for steak).
1/4 teaspoon salt (for steak).
1 75g thin frying or sandwich steak sliced.
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar.
1 large free-range egg.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 50 degrees C. Bring a small saucepan of 5 cm of water to a warm - not boiling temperature.
2. On a low heat, drizzle olive oil into a small saucepan. Add the salt, pepper, garlic granules, sliced cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli powder and cayenne granules.
3. Again, on a low heat, drizzle the olive oil into a skillet; season with salt and pepper. Fry the chopped steak; place the baguette in the oven.
4. When there are small bubbles in the saucepan of boiling water, add the white wine vinegar. With a wooden spoon make a wirlpool in the pan.
5. Crack the egg into a small bowl or cup; then carefully pour into the water. Try to do it smoothly to avoid the egg changing shape. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
6. Remove the crispy and warmed baguette from the oven; place on a warm plate and butter, put the cooked steak on top and pour the caramelised tomato salsa over. Check the poached egg is runny, then remove from the pan and wipe any excess moisture. Carefully place on top of the steak and salsa. Fab!
This May, Direct Action is launching its Anxiety Course which includes over 25 new recipes in a radical plan to make your life easier. More information soon.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on email@example.com or on 07544 899 681.