I LIKE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE ... I am mad about poached eggs; don't forget to chill the eggs in a fridge beforehand as this will ensure they remain in shape and use the whirlpool trick for a great egg bursting with that wonderful runny yellow yolk!
1 mini baguette or 1 half of a baguette sliced into two
Drizzle olive oil (for salsa)
1 teaspoon white pepper (for salsa)
1/4 teaspoon salt (for salsa)
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1/2 red onion peeled and cubed
6 cherry tomatoes washed and sliced into two
Squirt of tomato puree
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cayenne granules
1 teaspoon olive oil (for steak)
1 teaspoon white pepper (for steak)
1/4 teaspoon salt (for steak)
1 75g thin frying or sandwich steak sliced
1 large free-range egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 50 degrees C. Bring a small saucepan of 5 cm of water to a warm - not boiling temperature.
2. On a low heat, drizzle olive oil into a small saucepan. Add the salt, pepper, garlic granules, sliced cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli powder and cayenne granules.
3. Again, on a low heat, drizzle the olive oil into a skillet; season with salt and pepper. Fry the chopped steak; place the baguette in the oven.
4. When there are small bubbles in the saucepan of boiling water, add the white wine vinegar, this will help the white bind together. This will help the eggs shape remain whilst cooking. With a wooden spoon vigourously make a whirlpool in the pan.
5. Crack the egg into a tea strainer to drain the watery white part of the egg away. Using the strainer will ensure its shape remains entact; transfer to a small bowl and the lemon juice. Then carefully pour into a small pan. Try to do it smoothly to avoid the egg changing shape. Cook for 2-4 minutes on a low heat;
6. Remove the crispy and warmed baguette from the oven; place on a warm plate and butter, put the cooked steak on top and pour the caramelised tomato salsa over. Check the poached egg is runny, then remove from the pan and wipe any excess moisture. Carefully place on top of the steak and salsa. Fab!
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on email@example.com or on 07544 899 681.