For the Fish Cakes
Pinch salt (for the sweet potatoes)
2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
50g butter (for the sweet potato mash)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bunch spring onions washed sliced
1 x 213g tinned salmon drained
1 tablespoon dill
4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons conrnflour (for baking tray and fishcakes)
For the Tomato, Green Bean & Feta Cheese Salad
200g green beans
1 tablespoon butter
60g rocket leaves washed
12 cherry tomatoes washed and sliced in half
85g feta cheese
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (for the beans)
Juice half a lemon
2 teaspoons parsley granules
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons tarragon granules
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (for dressing)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C; place the sweet potatoes in a pan of salted water. Bring to the boil; then simmer for 20 minutes until they are completely soft. You will know when they are ready to mash when you tip a knife into the potatoes and they slide through. Drain the potatoes; then place back in the pan with the butter. Cook for 30 seconds; remove from the heat and mash.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a bowl; season with white pepper and salt. Add the chopped spring onions, then flake the tinned salmon, disregarding any skin and bones. Stir in the dill, breadcrumbs, mashed sweet potato and egg.
3. Wash your hands first, then with wet hands, shape into 12 fish cakes. Scatter half the cornflour on a baking tray, place the fish cakes on and then scatter the rest of the flour over the cakes. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Fill a saucepan with one-third of water, add the green beans and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Then, remove the lid, stir in the butter; cook for a further minute and drain.
5. Line a salad bowl with rocket leaves, add the chopped tomatoes, cooked green beans and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, parsley granules, olive oil, white wine vinegar, tarragon granules, brown sugar and salt. Stir and pour the dressing over the salad. Serve with the fish cakes.
On 25th May, Direct Action is launching its Anxiety Course which includes over 25 new recipes in a radical plan to make your life easier. More information soon.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on email@example.com or on 07544 899 681.