450g extra lean diced beef.
1 teaspoon olive oil.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon white pepper.
1 teaspoon garlic granules.
1 teaspoon dried herbs.
2 tablespoons ginger granules.
1 red onion peeled and cubed.
1 x 400g tim chopped tomatoes.
Quarter pint beef stock.
Scattering of salt for the pasta.
2 oz dried pasta.
Scattering of salt for asparagus spears.
125 g asparagus tips.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C. In a skillet, dry-fry the beef on a high heat; stay near the hob to avoid the beef burning! Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cover over.
2. Drizzle the olive oil into the same skillet; season with salt, pepper, garlic granules, dried herbs and the ginger and cook on a low heat for five minutes.
3. Add the red onion, stir ensuring the chopped onion is covered in the ginger mix. Add the canned tomatoes and beef stock. Now add in the cooked beef, bring to the boil and simmer. After 10 minutes, transfer to a casserole and cook for 90 minutes.
4. After 70 minutes, place a small saucepan two-thirds full with water on the hob; lightly salt and bring to the boil. Add the pasta as per the cooking instructions.
5. Fill a seperate saucepan with two-thirds salted water and bring to the boil; add the asparagus spears and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove the beef from the oven, serve on warmed plates tossed with the drained pasta and drained asparagus spears.