THE REASON I LIKE THIS RECIPE IS ... however you are feeling, toasting the basil will chill you even more as the aromas will make your kitchen a relaxing space ... just like you are in a spa!
500 g (17 oz) russet potatoes washed, peeled and diced
1 large aubergine chopped into quarters
1 red onion washed peeled and cubed
2 courgettes, washed and sliced
800g (28 oz) of vine ripened tomatoes
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons Basil
1 tablespoon garlic granules
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
750 ml vegetable stock
5 tablespoons tomato puree
400g can berlotti beans
4 tablespoons single cream (1 per bowl)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Using a baking tray, scatter the potatoes, aubergine, red onion, courgettes, tomatoes and season with the pepper, salt, italian herbs, garlic granules and brown sugar. Drizzle the dried basil, garlic granules and vegetable oil over the vegetables; cover the tray with foil and cook for 1 hour. I use a disposable foil tray for this, as in all honesty it means less washing up. My view is Simple Is Best!
3. After 50 minutes, bring the vegetable stock to the boil; add the tomato puree and stir.
4. Transfer the roasted vegetables to the soup pan; simmer on a low temperature for 30 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth.
5. Drain the can of berlotti beans, add to the soup, cook for a further 30 minutes. Then, ladle the broth into warmed bowls and serve with 1 tablespoon cream per bowl as a garnish.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.