3 vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.5 litres of water
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried herbs
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 large sweet potato washed peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red onion peeled and cubed
56g (2 oz) pearl barley
1 x 400 mll can coconut milk
Juice from 1 lemon
1. Fill a medium-sized soup pan with 1.5 litres of water, stir in the stock cubes, black pepper, salt, dried herbs, garlic granules and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the cubed sweet potato chunks, then reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Drizzle the olive oil in a skillet and warm for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
3. Fry the onion for 2-3 minutes and once soft carefully transfer to the soup pan without the excess oil.
4. Add the pearl barley and cook for 30 minutes on a low heat.
5. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth and then pour in the tin of coconut milk.
4. Simmer the soup for a further 15 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice and serve in warmed bowls.
This May, Direct Action is launching its Anxiety Course which includes over 25 new recipes in a radical plan to make your life easier. More information soon.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.