2 tablespoons olive oil.
1 small onion peeled and chopped.
4 large red peppers chopped into quarters and deseeded.
2 sticks of celery sliced.
2 teaspoons garlic granules.
2 teaspoons garam masala.
2 teaspoons dried fennel.
150 g red lentils (if you are in a rush a tin of lentils will be as good).
250 ml vegetable stock
50 ml (1.6 fl oz 0.5 pint or 1.5 cups) Vegetable Juice (V8)
Slurp Worcestershire Sauce.
1 teaspoon onion salt.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
One teaspoon black pepper.
1. Drizzle the olive oil into a medium sized saucepan, placing this over a low heat; then add the chopped onion and cook for a further 5 minutes or until they are soft.
2. Add the quatered red peppers and celery and fry for a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the garlic granules, the garam masala and fennel flakes stirring for 1 minute.
4. Now add the lentils, stock, Vegetable Juice, Worcester Sauce and onion salt.
5. Bring the soup to the boil, reduce the heat and cover for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat. With a hand blender puree the soup until smooth.
7. Re-heat until piping hot, season with black pepper and salt and serve in warmed bowls with crusty bread.