For the roasted and stuffed pepper
200g red lentils.
1 teaspoon olive oil.
1 teaspoon black pepper.
1/4 teaspoon salt.
2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs.
1 400g chopped tomatoes.
70 ml vegetable stock.
4 red peppers, halved and de-seeded.
Juice from 1/2 lemon.
For the salad
Handful of cherry tomatoes washed and sliced.
1 cucumber washed and sliced.
1 bag of salad leaves washed.
1 400g tin sweetcorn.
For the blue cheese sauce
50 ml cream.
227g blue cheese.
Slurp of Worcestershire Sauce.
Quarter teaspoon black pepper.
Pinch of salt.
4 teaspoons of creme fraiche (1 per pepper).
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees C. Place the lentils in a saucepan and fill with 500 ml of water. Bring the pan to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Drizzle the olive oil; fry the chopped red onion in the black pepper, salt and herbs. Fry for 5 minutes, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock.
3. Drain the lentils and add to the pan for a further 15 minutes.
4. Place the peppers on a baking tray - I use a disposable foil tray for this recipe and fill each pepper with the lentil mixture. Fill the pepper with two-thirds of the mixture; drizzle each with lemon juice and place in the oven for 30 mimutes.
5. In a small bowl place the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, salad leaves and sweetcorn.
6. Place the single cream into a small saucepan, bring to a warm temperature. Do not boil to avoid curdling the sauce; keep stirring the sauce to avoid it burning.
7. Add half the cheese to the sauce; stir letting it melt into the mixture. Only let it condense into the mix, do not melt entirely. Once this has happened, add the Worcester Sauce, black pepper, salt and the remaining blue cheese. Keep the remaining cheese fairly chunky: do not let it entirely melt. After several minutes, remove the pan from the heat and serve in a small bowl or jug.
8. After 30 minutes, remove the peppers from the oven, top each with the creme fraiche and serve immediayely with the salad and cheese sauce.