1 swede chopped and cubed.
5 carrots chopped and cubed.
700g/1lb 10oz sweet potatoes peeled and cubed.
1 red onion peeled and sliced.
2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
One teaspoon black pepper.
1 teaspoon garlic granules.
1 teaspoon italian herb seasoning.
1.5 litres vegetable stock.
1 teaspoon died chilli flakes.
4 pitta breads warmed.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees c.
2. Place the chopped swede, carrots, sweet potatoes and onion in a large bowl, drizzle in olive oil and season with salt and white pepper. Toss together with the garlic granules and dried italian herbs.
3. Empty the oiled vegetables onto a baking tray: I use a disposable foil tray for this recipe. Cook for 45 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, boil the stock in a medium sized saucepan, reduce the heat, add the roasted vegetables and dried chilli flakes. Stir then cover for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the soup from the heat, using a hand blender puree the soup until smooth. Re-heat until piping hot and serve in warmed soup bowls with toasted pitta bread on the side.