This recipe can use pork or quorn sausages for a vegetarian option.
For the casserole
200 ml red wine
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Juice from 1 orange
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red onion peeled and cubed
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
2 courgettes sliced
6 rashers of very lean bacon, cubed
8 pork sausages/quorn sausages
430g Passata sauce
300 g green lentils
For the mustard mash
600 g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled, washed and diced
100 ml milk
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
1. Pour the red wine into a casserole; season with the pepper, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the orange juice and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a medium sized casserole and place on a low heat. Then, add the red onion, brocolli, courgettes, bacon and sausages. Cook for around 10 minutes on a low heat.
3. Carefully transfer the vegetables and meat to the casserole. Try to leave as much of the oil in the skillet.
4. Pour in the pasatta; bring to the boil and simmer for an hour.
5. After 60 minutes, add in the green lentils and cook for a further 30 minutes.
6. Fill a medium sized saucepan with water, add the potatoes and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
7. Drain in collander; put back in the pan and place back on the heat for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat; then, add the butter, milk and mustard. Mash; season with salt, pepper. Serve immediately with the sausage casserole.
This May, Direct Action is launching its Anxiety Course which includes over 25 new recipes in a radical plan to make your life easier. More information soon.
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on email@example.com or on 07544 899 681.