I LIKE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE ... flank steak is economical and tastes fab. My tip with this recipe is to marinade the steak in a plastic bag for at least an hour before you cook - then it's an express salad that tastes awesome! With the steak being marinaded in a bag, there is less washing up too ... remember Its Simple!
2 x 1 75g flank steaks sliced
4 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons coconut oil (for the bag)
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
160 g spinach leaves, washed and drained
16 cherry tomatoes washed and sliced in half
1 teaspoon butter.
4 tablespoons blue cheese
1. In a plastic bag, i.e. freezer bag, place the chopped steak and sprinkle over the paprika and nutmeg - these two flavours are heavenly in this salad. Drizzle in the coconut oil , season with white peppper salt and garlic granules. Then shake to cover the sliced steak. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Line a medium sized salad bowl with the spinach leaves. Chop the tomatoes and celery and add to the bowl.
3. After an hour, empty the bag into a skillet and place on a medium heat. You may need to add a further tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side or until cooked to your own liking.
4. Place the butter and blue cheese in a separate pan. Stir briefly to combine and then let the mixture melt.
5. Put the cooked chopped steak on top of the salad. Pour the blue cheese on top. Delich!
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.