Quick And Easy Mid-Week Meal
GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE: sweet potatoes have anti-cancer properties
1 teaspoon olive oil (for the pasta)
2 teaspoons salt (for the pasta water)
2 tablespoons olive oil (for the skillet)
2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
2 teaspoons garlic granules
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 large onion washed, peeled and finely chopped
1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
100g spinach leaves
1 eating apple peeled, washed and cubed
6 large carrots chopped
1 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
Freshly grated parmesan (for garnish)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and drizzle with olive oil. Bring to the boil.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a skillet, warm through for several minutes. Add the Italian herbs, garlic granules, black pepper and salt in the saucepan cooking for several minutes.
3. Add the sliced onions, sweet potatoes, spinach leaves, carrots and apple and sautéed for 10 minutes. Pour in the can of chopped tomatoes and the Worcestershire Sauce. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
3. Once the water has boiled, add the Tagliatelle, season with the salt and cook the pasta as per the instructions. Remember it will be cooked around 2 minutes earlier than the cooking time detailed on the packet.
4. Add 4 tablespoons pasta water to the sweet potato, carrot and pasta sauce and stir to combine. This will add further flavour to the dish.
5. Drain the pasta, leave to steam for several minutes and combine with the sweet potato sauce. Serve immeditely on warmed plates; garnish each dish with freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.