1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
1 teaspoon white pepper.
Quarter teaspoon salt.
1 red onion peeled and cubed.
3 celery sticks and chopped.
2 carrots peeled and chopped.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1 teaspoon coriander.
1 teaspoon garlic granules.
4 teaspoons chipottle chilli paste.
2 small ripe avocados (for the salsa).
4 teaspoons smoked paprika.
1 teaspoon black pepper (for the salsa).
2 ripe mangos cubed (for the salsa).
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar (for the salsa).
Juice from 4 fresh limes.
1 400g canned chopped tomatoes.
2 400g canned kidney beans.
2 teaspoons chilli powder.
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
1 vegetable stock cube.
50 ml water.
Slurp of Worcester Sauce.
1 teaspoon brown sugar.
8 Mexican shells (dippers).
1. In a soup pan, warm the olive oil on a low heat. Then season with the white pepper and salt.
2. After several minutes add the chopped onion and fry for 5 minutes or until it is soft.
3. Now add the chopped celery and carrots. Stir regularly.
4. Take the casserole off the heat. Stir in the cumin seeds, coriander, garlic granules and chipotle chilli paste. Cover for 30 minutes.
5. Mash the avocados; season with smoked paprika, black pepper and toss with the chopped mango. Stir in the red wine vinegar. Set aside.
6. After 30 minutes, stir in the lime juice to the soup mixture. Place the casserole back on a low heat, add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, chilli powder, balsamic vinegar, stock cube, water, worcester sauce and sugar.
8. Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes. After 15 minutes cook the mexican shells (dippers) as per the instructions.
9. Serve the soup with the cooked shells (dippers) filled with the avocado and mango salsa; perfect for dipping in the soup!
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.