I LIKE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE ... this is not just a soup its what a childhood friend would always call Big Soup ... it really is a meal in itself! And, this is perfect for a cold winter day as the aromas of chilli and ginger will make you and your home feel cosy. The nutty taste of the avocado just works with the sweet mango salsa adding a fresh taste to the soup. Yum!
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons dried chilli flakes
2 tablespoons ginger
2 tablespoons garlic granules
1/4 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 red onion peeled and cubed
3 celery sticks and chopped
2 carrots peeled and chopped
2 small ripe avocados (for the salsa)
4 teaspoons smoked paprika (for the salsa)
1 teaspoon black pepper (for the salsa).
2 ripe mangos cubed (for the salsa)
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar (for the salsa)
Juice from 4 fresh limes
1 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
2 400g canned cannellini beans
3 x tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
1 vegetable stock cube.
50 ml water.
Slurp of Worcester Sauce
8 Mexican shells (dippers)
1. In a soup pan, warm the olive oil on a low heat. Then season with the chilli flakes, ginger granules, garlic granules, salt and brown sugar.
2. After several minutes add the chopped red onion and fry for 5 minutes or until it is soft.
3. Now add the chopped celery and carrots. Stir regularly.
4. Take the soup pan off the heat. Cover with foil for 30 minutes.
5. Mash the avocados; season with smoked paprika, black pepper and toss with the chopped mango. Stir in the red wine vinegar. Set aside.
6. After 30 minutes, place the casserole back on a low heat, adding the chopped tomatoes, cannellini beans, balsamic vinegar, stock cube, water, and Worcestershire Sauce. Don't forget to get all the tomatoes from the can by pouring one-third water into the can and shaking, then pour into the soup pan.
8. Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes. After 15 minutes cook the mexican shells (dippers) as per the instructions.
9. Serve the soup with the cooked shells (dippers) filled with the avocado and mango salsa; perfect for dipping in the soup!
Do you feel life-coaching could be useful for you to seek direction? All consultations are online via Skype, Zoom or FaceTime. Life-coaching can help with a variety of problems or to help you get set on a challenge. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07544 899 681.